Patients often travel to Perth from other areas of Western Australia and Australia to undergo plastic surgery with Dr Anh. Plus, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to change the way we interact with our patients. For these reasons, Dr Anh has chosen to offer virtual consultations for both new and existing patients.
How does a virtual consultation work? This page covers everything you need to know about a virtual consultation with Dr Anh.
What should I expect from a virtual consultation with Dr Anh?
A virtual consultation with Dr Anh will take place over FaceTime or Skype. Once you have booked a time for your consultation, you will be given instructions, forms to fill in and send back, alongside photo instructions.
Don’t worry, you will not undress on camera. Instead, Dr Anh will be able to see your photos on a screen. During your virtual consultation with Dr Anh, you will typically:
- Have your medical and surgical history reviewed
- See before and after photos of previous patients
- Learn about your recommended surgical options
- Receive detailed information about your surgery
- Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
- Have any of your questions and concerns answered
Regardless of whether your consultation is in person or online, Dr Anh always endeavours to make your consultation as comfortable as possible. If you choose to progress with surgery, you will have a second consultation with Dr Anh in person to have a physical examination and take clinical photos, as well as to review the surgery details, schedules, and risk and consent forms.
How to get the most from your virtual consult
If you are worried about being at a disadvantage by choosing a virtual consultation, there are a number of things you can do to ensure you have the same experience as our in-person patients. These include:
- Complete and submit all forms as soon as you can to ensure Dr Anh and her team has everything she needs prior to your consultation.
- Look at before and after photos to get an understanding of how Dr Anh can help you achieve your desired results.
- Have someone take photos of you in natural lighting and send them back as soon as possible so that our team can check them over to ensure they are correct.
- Make a list of questions so that you can ask Dr Anh about anything that wasn’t covered at the end of your consult.
- Find a comfortable, private and quiet space for your virtual consultation.
- Check your internet and test your device before your consultation to ensure all goes smoothly.
- Schedule a second, follow-up consultation in person.
Your virtual consultation with Dr Anh will go for around 45 minutes.
The whole reason behind having a consultation is to discuss your concerns and desires directly with Dr Anh so that she can create your treatment plan. While you may not see Dr Anh in person, you will still spend the same amount of time with her during your virtual consultation and receive the same conversation and information as you would if you saw her in our practice.
In fact, virtual consultations are a great option that often fit in easier to people’s days and schedules. You may struggle to come into the clinic due to work or family commitments, and it is sometimes much easier to sneak away for a virtual consultation as you don’t have to worry about travel time.
If you are ready to proceed with surgery after your virtual consultation, you will have a second, in person follow up with Dr Anh so that you can still have a physical examination and take clinical photos. That way, you will still have that face to face conversation with Dr Anh, but this doesn’t need to be your first interaction if a virtual consultation works better for you.
You do not need to have a medical referral to book a virtual consultation with Dr Anh. However, if you require a Medicare Item number, you will need a referral for your second, face to face consultation.
Dr Anh is very busy, so it helps for you to plan ahead for your consultation. However, we can usually arrange your virtual consultation within two to three weeks of your initial inquiry.
Why choose Dr Anh?
There are dozens of plastic surgeons in Perth, yet not every doctor has the same level of knowledge and experience. Choosing the best plastic surgeon for your needs is critical to achieving results you are satisfied with – after all, you only have one body.
Dr Anh is a leading female plastic surgeon and works alongside only the best in her field. Designing her clinic with the emotional and physical wellbeing of her patients in mind, Dr Anh understands that undergoing cosmetic surgery can be a daunting process for many. Beyond that, Dr Anh understands that many people feel insecure and unhappy with their appearance. As such, it is her mission to help her patients celebrate their achievements and be proud of their bodies. Factor in our level of expertise and you’ll be hard-pressed to find another clinic in Australia that offers such a high level of patient care.
What is my next step?
Our wonderful team is standing by ready to answer any questions you may have. You can send in an enquiry form below or give us a call on 1300 8-DRANH between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.