Investing in yourself is one of the greatest investment. When it’s time for a new car, we may consider how to finance it but if the purchase is decided it’s not such a difficult decision to make. The same goes for paying for a new kitchen or bathroom as the renovation is value-adding to the […]
Dermapen is an automated micro-needling therapy system which vertically pierces the skin to naturally stimulate collagen and elastin with very minimal damage to the epidermal layer of skin.
Dermapen works to enhance rejuvenation results and provides a much safer option for patients without damage to the epidermal layer.
Dermapen skin needling can be a useful treatment for patients looking to:
- Tighten skin, stimulate natural collagen induction, lift and rejuvenate skin
- Heal acne scars and wounds
- Minimise open pores
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve stretch marks
- Aid the penetration solutions
How does Dermapen work?
Dermapen works through instigating collagen induction through the delivery of needles into the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. Incisions cause micro-injuries to the skin, encouraging the body to reproduce and repair the damaged skin through collagen induction. It really is the body’s ability to remodel and heal itself which is at the heart of this treatment. The process never involves heat, thermal energy or other chemicals and without unnecessary trauma, the skin is able to quickly heal with almost no downtime.
What are the benefits of Dermapen?
- Dermapen provides a much safer and effective method of piercing the skin when compared to other traditional skin needling rollers; this is due to its unique vertical needling technology.
- The treatment has a superior effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. Active ingredients are supplied directly to the deeper layers of skin.
- Multi-speed and adjustable needle depths allow needles to pierce the skin’s layers at 90 degrees, increasing the treatments effect through increasing the absorption of products. This also reduces the level of pain and patients downtime.
- Due to its unique vertical delivery, needles can easily penetrate scar tissue which is often difficult to treat with traditional methods.
- Treatment can effectively treat those hard to reach places such as, around the eyes, nose and lips.
- Treatment promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, similar to other treatments such as fractional laser, IPL and chemical peels, but without the downtime.
Whilst improvement is achieved with each and every treatment, a series of 4 -6 treatments is best to achieve the greatest possible results.
Since no melanin-absorbing laser and no heat are involved, the Dermapen is relatively safer than lasers or IPL, for darker skin types.
Dermapen uses very fine needles and is relatively comfortable. At most a topical numbing cream is all that is required.
When treating the face, each treatment takes around 15 – 30 minutes.
For more information on Dermapen, please contact our friendly team today. If you are ready for a consultation about your desired treatment or procedure please call Dr Anh today on (08) 9322 2659