In a recent article written by the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), Dr Anh expresses that plastic surgeons are not solely responsible for body shaming issues. This article was written in response to the media frenzy about the issue of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ social media being responsible for body image anxiety. In the […]
Injectables Perth WA
Plump and smooth your appearance
When choosing your anti-wrinkle treatment you need to consider if your goal is to improve the volume of the lips and face, reverse existing wrinkles or prevent wrinkles from worsening.
Benefits of anti-wrinkle treatments
- Prevent wrinkles with anti-wrinkle injections
- Re-volumise thin lips with dermal fillers
- ‘Fill out’ frown lines and other existing lines
- Many brands of fillers and anti-wrinkle injectables available
Injectables are used to both improve volume and prevent wrinkles from forming. Dr Anh uses both dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxants/anti-wrinkle injections at her Perth cosmetic clinic. Dermal fillers will be used to revolumise parts of the face such as the pout of your lips and your cheeks. They can also be used to fill out already existing wrinkles.
Wrinkle relaxants on the other hand are used to prevent movement of the muscles which cause wrinkles in the first place. This is done by precisely injecting anti-wrinkle injections into the area in order to target the muscle.
Are fillers or anti-wrinkle injections more suitable for me?
Many people are confused by the difference between fillers and anti-wrinkle injections. It’s important to know that fillers are used to increase volume and create a ‘plump’ appearance while ant-wrinkle injections are used to prevent wrinkles.
Therefore if you have existing wrinkles, thin lips, baggy eyes or sallow cheeks then fillers may be suitable for you.
If you are showing the first signs of wrinkles and ageing then anti-wrinkle injections may be more suitable for you.
As long as you are a suitable candidate for injectables a combination of both fillers and anti-wrinkle injections can be used. Our experienced staff will always assess your appearance and listen to your goals before recommending any particular procedure, so don’t hesitate to contact us.
How can I prevent wrinkles?
In order to prevent wrinkles dedication to your skin routine is paramount. It’s also important to begin earlier rather than later as it’s easier to preserve a younger appearance, than reverse an older appearance.
Dr Anh recommends the following routine:
- Regular anti-wrinkle injections (muscle relaxants) focusing on your problem areas
- Using a daily moisturiser from a high quality skincare brand – our team can help you with this when you visit us
- Wearing sunblock with both UVA and UVB protection every day
- Receiving a yearly laser treatment depending on the quality of your skin, susceptibility to wrinkles and how easily you burn and freckle
Achieve a liquid face lift with Dr Anh
You may have heard of a liquid facelift which is a combination of injectables to improve your appearance so that you look younger for longer. A liquid face lift often involves:
- Cheek augmentation (with dermal fillers)
- Lip augmentation (with dermal fillers)
- Wrinkle reduction (using muscle relaxants and fillers)
- Facial shaping (which can include non-surgical rhinoplasty/nose surgery)
A combination of these procedures can be used to decrease how quickly you age and improve your appearance in one appointment. Fillers are used to plump out wrinkles which have already become permanent and muscle relaxants are used to decrease muscle movement and in turn decrease wrinkles. Many people prefer this option as it does not require surgery, although it will require more frequent treatments over time depending on what you want to achieve.