A fat transfer breast augmentation improves the appearance of your breasts. This procedure makes use of your own fat instead of breast implants. Fat is harvested from a part of your body and is processed in the laboratory. The processed fat is then injected into your breasts to add volume and fullness. Check out our fat transfer breast augmentation photos of actual patients to see how the procedure can achieve better breast appearance without implants.
Benefits of fat transfer breast augmentation
Our principal plastic surgeon Dr Anh Nguyen will discuss the following benefits during your consultation at her clinic in Perth:
- Eliminates the need for breast implants: The procedure makes use of your own fat to add volume and fullness to your breasts.
- Results in minimal scarring: The injection process causes very small puncture marks.
- Ensures a low rate of complication: It has a lower rate of allergy, bleeding, and other untoward reactions.
- Produces a more natural look and feel: It produces natural results since it makes use of your own fat.
- Removes unwanted fat from a body area: The procedure has the additional benefit of removing fat from an area where you don’t want it.
We will conduct a detailed health assessment during your initial consultation. This prevents complications and allows our medical professionals to create a customised treatment plan based on your needs. In general, you are a potential candidate for the procedure if:
- You have underdeveloped breasts.
- Your breasts are smaller in size.
- One of your breasts is smaller than the other.
- You have breasts that have lost volume or shape due to pregnancy or weight changes.
- You have enough fat in your body.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You don’t have bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You don’t have an undiagnosed breast condition.
- You don’t have an active breast infection.
Immediately after the procedure, your breasts may feel sore. Bruising and mild pain are also present. Moreover, you can feel mild discomforts in the body parts where fat was harvested. You will need to take pain relievers and anti-inflammatories to address these discomforts. After a few days, you can resume your work and daily activities. Depending on the extent of the procedure, you should expect to notice the full results after a few months.
You should keep in mind that the procedure also has its limitations. It can only increase your breast size by about one to two cup sizes. If you desire a larger cup size, you will need to have breast implants. Also, you may need several touch-up treatments to achieve your desired breast size. This is because some of the fat cells that are injected into your breasts can be reabsorbed by your body. As a result, your breasts lose volume over time. It is also important to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the procedure. If you gain more weight, there’s a chance that the fat cells will increase in size. This can affect the results of your procedure.