Over time, the tissues that support the structures of your face weaken. This in turn causes skin sagging on your face, jawline, and neck. You can also develop deep creases below your lower eyelids, along your nose, and on the corners of your mouth. If your face is showing these signs, they may affect your self-confidence as well as quality of life. To restore the youthful glow of your face, you may consider a surgical procedure known as a facelift. Shown below are facelift before and after photos of actual patients of Dr Anh at her clinic in Perth.
Not everyone can have the procedure. During your consultation, we will thoroughly assess your skin condition and treatment goals. This allows us to create an individualized treatment plan based on your needs. In general, we recommend a facelift if you have:
- Deep creases below your lower eyelids, along your nose, and on the corners of your mouth
- Good physical and mental health
- Low self-esteem due to the appearance of your face
- No allergy to the anesthesia or its components
- Realistic expectations and a positive outlook
- Skin sagging on your face, jawline, and neck
How a facelift is performed
During the procedure, your surgeon will administer general anesthesia to prevent discomfort. Once your skin is numb, your surgeon will make a cut at the marked areas on your face. The cutting technique will depend on your condition and desired results. Your surgeon will then remove excess skin and will reposition the tissues in your face. Once the desired appearance is achieved, your surgeon will use very small stitches. This closes the surgical incisions and secures the position of the skin. Next, your surgeon will place dressings or bandages on your face to protect the wound. The entire process can take 2 to 4 hours to complete.
It is important to keep in mind that the procedure has its limitations. These are the following:
- It cannot correct severe skin sagging on your eyebrows, forehead, and some other areas of your face.
- It cannot prevent the effects of ageing on your face.
- The procedure is not designed to last a lifetime.
- You will need additional surgeries to maintain the results of the procedure.
For more details, please visit our main facelift page, or contact us and schedule an appointment with Dr Anh Nguyen.