Breast augmentation and lift plastic surgery enhance the appearance of your breasts. It involves the insertion of implants into your breasts to add volume and fullness. The type and size of the implant depend on your desired results and body type. Once the implants are secured in place, excess skin and tissue are usually removed. The position of your breasts is then adjusted by using stitches. This gives your breasts a firmer and rejuvenated appearance. Check out the following breast augmentation and lift before and after photos of actual patients of Dr Anh in Perth.
Ideal candidates for the procedure
During your consultation, we will check your breast condition and general health. This allows us to create a customised treatment plan that will best suit your needs.
We recommend this procedure if you have:
- Breast unevenness (noticeable differences in your breast appearance)
- Flat breasts
- Fully-developed breasts
- Good physical and mental health
- Lost breast volume due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight changes
- Low self-esteem due to your breast appearance
- Nipples and areolas that are pointing downwards
- Realistic expectations
- Sagging breasts
Benefits of breast augmentation and lift
Combining these procedures can give you the following benefits:
- Less expensive compared to undergoing both surgeries separately
- Less hassle
- Less lifting is needed because the implants fill out the breasts
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
The recovery period
After your surgery, dressings will be placed over your wounds to protect them from injury. To reduce swelling, you will need to wear compression garments. This also provides support to your incisions as you move. A small, thin tube may also be inserted in your breasts to prevent fluid build-up. To speed up your recovery, you need to avoid heavy lifting and other strenuous activities. Your surgeon will give you instructions on when to resume your work and daily routine.
Risks and complications of the procedure
You should inform your surgeon immediately if you experience the following:
- Breast numbness
- Breast unevenness
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Changes in the sensation of your breasts
- Difficulty breathing
- Hard breast lumps
- Heavy bleeding
- Increasing pain
- Itchy skin
- Severe swelling and bruising
- Skin discoloration
- Skin wrinkling
We will discuss the following limitations of the procedure during your consultation:
- The results may not last longer in patients with heavier breasts.
- The procedure cannot be performed if your breasts are not yet fully developed.
- It cannot stop the effects of ageing on your breasts.
- You may need another surgery if your breast implants are near their prescribed lifespan.
It cannot correct severe breast sagging.
Things to do before the procedure
A few weeks before your procedure, you should:
- Arrange for someone who will take care of you after your surgery.
- Inform your surgeon if you have any allergies or bleeding disorders.
- Maintain an ideal weight.
- Prepare necessary materials at home such as thermometer, ice pack, and wound dressing.
- Stay fit as possible.
- Stop smoking.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Stop taking medications that can increase your risk of bleeding.
For more details about breast augmentation and lift plastic surgery, please contact us and schedule your first consultation with Dr Anh.