Stop hiding your hairline with hats and unflattering hairstyles. Our medispa has all of the latest treatments for hair loss, including NeoGraft hair transplants.
Signs of hair loss
Finding hair on our brush is normal. Losing an unusually large amount of hair, on the other hand, may be a cause for concern. Hair loss is a condition that can effect both the scalp and the entire body, and may be permanent or only temporary. While anyone can lose hair from their head, it is far more common in men.
In particular, baldness usually refers to the excessive loss of hair from the scalp. This can come on suddenly or gradually, depending on the cause. Some common signs of hair loss include:
- Gradual thinning on the top of the head
- Circular or patchy bald spots on the scalp, beard or eyebrows
- Sudden loosening of hair, with handfuls of hair falling out when combing, washing or gently tugging the hair
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp
Why am I losing hair?
Humans usually lose between 50 and 100 hairs each day. However, this typically goes unnoticed, as new hair is constantly growing in at the same time. It is known as hair loss when new hair doesn’t replace the hair that has fallen out.
There are a number of factors that may be causing your hair loss. These include:
- Family history – This is the most common cause of hair loss. Androgenic alopecia, otherwise known as male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness, is a heredity condition that happens with age.
- Hormonal changes – Pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems may cause hormonal changes that lead to hair loss.
- Medical conditions – Alopecia areata and trichotillomania are two medical conditions that result in hair loss.
- Medications and supplements – Hair loss can be a side effect of some drugs.
- Stress – Many people experience thinning and loss of hair in the months following a physical or emotional shock.
- Hairstyles and treatments – Excessive hairstyling that pulls the hair tight, or hot-oil hair treatments, can cause the hair to fall out.
Hair loss is a common concern amongst many patients as they age. If excessive shedding is impacting your self confidence, or you simply wish to maintain a more youthful appearance, we offer NeoGraft Hair Transplants to restore lost hair with natural-looking results.
NeoGraft Hair Transplants
NeoGraft is a form of hair transplant procedure, designed to redistribute the hair in a natural way, making it impossible to tell that you’ve had a transplant at all. Using a method down as Follicular Unit Extraction, hair follicles are removed from thicker areas of the head (usually the back or side) and transplants them to those places where hair has been lost. Over time, new, healthy hair will begin to grow, without any signs that work has been done. Better yet, results are permanent.
Begin your journey to a renewed hairline by booking a consultation with Dr Anh, wherein we will create a treatment plan personalised to you. If you would like to learn more about our NeoGraft Hair Transplant treatments, or to request an appointment, contact Dr Anh Plastic Surgeon, Medispa and Wellness Clinic today.