Say goodbye to dry, flaky skin and restore your natural radiance and glow. Our medispa has all of the latest non surgical treatments available to treat dry skin, including HydraFacial, Gold facial and chemical peels.
What is a dry skin?
Dry skin is a highly common skin concern, characterised by a lack of moisture in the most superficial layer of the skin, the epidermis. Some people have naturally dry skin, whilst others may experience temporary dryness due to external factors.
As stated, dry skin is incredibly common, especially in older people. While dry skin is not typically a serious condition, it can be both itchy and uncomfortable. In some cases, however, dry skin can lead to complications or be a sign of another condition.
Those with dry skin may notice that their skin:
• Feels itchy
• Looks dull
• Feels rough and dry to touch
• Has small lines or cracks in it, which may bleed
• Feels tight, especially after showering or swimming
• Is either red or ashy in appearance
• Looks scaly
• Flakes off in small bits
What causes dry skin?
Dry skin can affect anyone. Despite that, there are some risk factors that can increase your chances of developing dry skin. Some of the factors that lead to dry skin include:
• Age – older adults are more likely to develop dry skin, as the pores produce less oil with age.
• Cold weather – skin is typically driest during the winter, when humidity levels are at their lowest.
• Heating – air conditioning and heating units both reduce humidity levels, which can dehydrate the skin.
• Bathing habits – taking long, hot showers or baths can dry out the skin.
• Skin products – harsh soups, detergents and skincare products that are formulated to remove oil can strip moisture from the skin.
• Medical conditions – conditions such as eczema and psoriasis can exacerbate the severity of skin dryness.
Looking for a reprieve from dry skin? Depending on the severity of your dryness and other skin concerns, we can add moisture back into your skin using a number of medical grade technologies. Here at Dr Anh’s Medispa, we offer a number of treatments to alleviate dry skin, including:
HydraFacial for dry skin
The HydraFacial skin resurfacing procedure works to thoroughly treat the skin through cleansing, exfoliation and hydration. Using a unique, patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system, HydraFacial treatments apply antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid to the skin. This treatment is suited for all skin types, and is ideal to rejuvenate dry skin.
24K Gold Facial for dry skin
The 24k Gold Facial uses a mask of pure 24k gold to help lift, brighten and calm the appearance of the skin. Packed with antioxidants and minerals, this treatment is designed to brighten the skin and increase hydration, making it the perfect relief from dry skin.
Chemical peels for dry skin
During a chemical peel, a chemical solution is applied to the skin that will exfoliate away the topmost layer of dead skin cells. A lighter peel is ideal to treat surface level problems, such as dry skin, working to hydrate and brighten the appearance of the skin.
The best solution for you will be dependant on the severity and cause of your dry skin. By booking a consultation with Dr Anh, we can identify and create a customised treatment plan to best suit your skin concerns. If you would like to learn more about our solutions for dry skin, or to request an appointment, contact Dr Anh Plastic Surgeon, Medispa and Wellness Clinic today.